Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How Are Bengal Cats Different from Other Breeds of Cats?

I am always amazed when folks ask me if Bengals are mean. Part of my amazement is the fact that I live with these exciting, amazing creatures every day. And they are such sweet, loveable, cats. Although they do have a wild cat (the Leopard Cat of southeast Asia) in their background, the Bengal is a delightful house pet.

Cathy and I, as with all responsible breeders, are more than ordinarily careful in selecting and breeding to have Bengal cats with loving and gentle temperaments. The initial wild heritage of the Bengal cat makes the all the more important than with other breeds.

Like their wild ancestors, Bengals are active cats that love to climb, jump, run and romp. Of course they have to substitute whatever they can find in the house for the jungle trees and plants used by their forefathers.

No comments: